Saturday, March 26, 2016

This is what getting old is like.

I graduated from High School in 2006, which means I have been out of high school for ten years. It is no longer acceptable to reference my high school experience to students. I am an irrelevant source and not allowed to be cited in the reference section.

This is what I was doing ten years ago:

Living the High School Track and Field Dream! Now I'm coaching about 50 students every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. 

Senior class trip: hello pale kids from Minnesota! Most of these people have jobs, babies, and house payments now.  

I graduated college five years ago, which is still an appropriate amount of time to reference and is deemed unnecessary to give a photo flashback to. Also, my internet is horrifyingly slow due to China continuing to stop all forms of Google from reaching its people.

We've been busy. We're becoming masters, working, surviving, running, and patiently awaiting warmer weather.

March is closing out, and it's going to be a busy few months ahead!

Next weekend-long weekend in Beijing to see the French family one last time before they leave Beijing forever or at least awhile!

Spring break-end of April: Xian to see Warriors, Guilin to the rice terraces, and back to Yangshuo that we loved so dearly!

May: Track and Field Championships in Beijing, Great Wall Marathon-first full since 2011-I'm so old.

June: International Youth Award trip to Thailand, home to Minnesota, and Iceland for Grace's WEDDING!


No comments:

Post a Comment