Sunday, November 6, 2011

Miss Shannon: My leg is paining. I'm feeling pukish.

This has been a crazy month. After quarter break, I was welcomed back to campus with parent/teacher conferences. Then immediately following that was the 1500 meter races, Interhouse, and Interschool Sports Day. It involved a lot of organized chaos for about three weeks of my life. Sports Day=Track and Field. I know what you might be thinking, "Shannon loves T&F, sounds awesome." I won't bore you with the nonsense that is sports at Woodstock school, but I'll just say that it was not the scene you're imagining.

After the final day of Interschool competition at the neighboring school, I was nothing short of relieved. This past week was Activity Week. The students head out on various adventures throughout the country. The older grades do hikes and such. I was paired up with the 4th graders. Our adventures entailed touring around Mussoorie and learning the history of the place. I was actually pretty excited about this assignment for several reasons.
1. No teaching for a week.
2. The 4th graders are awesome.
3. I would learn about the place I call home.
4. The 4th grade teacher is a ducks in a row kind of person, and I knew I had nothing to worry about.

I had a glorious time trekking around with the 4th graders. They are a very endearing group, but by the end of the week, I was ready for a 4th grade break. Highlights from the trip include: getting back to school and finding out the taxi we passed had pulled over so Rishabh could puke, seeing a stuffed tiger, riding the cable car in Mussoorie, a tour of the hotel Rokeby, and having students eat a smore mere minutes afrer discovering what a marshmallow was.

No comments:

Post a Comment