Saturday, September 17, 2011

When did this become normal?

Last night I was walking home from the bazaar with Linds and Ingrid, and I was like, hold the phone. We were walking on a single lane road on the side of a mountain with no lights of any kind. Never in my life would I advise this to anyone, yet alone a pack of white girls in India. When did this become normal?

Things have been going. I find joy and happiness in many things here, but I wouldn't say that it's how I imagined my life in India to be.

Here's how most of my mornings start-This is the Junior School lining up in the quad before assembly. You'll notice me in the back looking incredibly enthused.

We also recently had interhouse cross country. On this day, all the kids in the school race to represent their houses. I am a Merlin, and despite us coming in last place, I am still proud to be a Merlin. After IH cross country, we have interschool cross country, which is comparable to the conference cc meet. Since we have no season and no state competition, this is it. While some kids train and enjoy running, most of the kids on the team had the unfortunate luck of finishing in the top ten at interhouse and were forced on the team.


Here are a few borrow pictures from interhouse cross country-Go Merlins (red t-shirts)!


Merlins, Condors, and Eagles awaiting their races...


Officials, looking official




Look how fast those little legs can go!




some of my favorite students


The 6th grade boys with minimal false starts





No comments:

Post a Comment