Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back in unending dampness.

It's been awhile. I survived the end of the year. Briana and her friend Paula came to visit. I went to America. Now, I'm back at Woodstock. There, you're all caught up.

Me, Briana, and Paula at the Woodstock Main Gate
No gathering is complete without evidence.

Lake Mendota Magic

I had a great time in America. I visited friends, saw family, and ate great food. I spent most of my time at the farm doing a little bit of this and little bit of unloading hay. Being home was pretty wonderful. I do understand why people say that it will be so difficult to get back on the plane to come back. As soon as I got on the plane from JFK to Delhi, it was clear America was being left behind. I was instantly reminded of the confusion of waiting in a line, lack of personal space, and interesting smells of India. 

Either way, I'm back. I shifted to a new house this year. I am pretty excited about it because I am now living alone, away from the dorms, and at the top of a mountain. Previously, I walked up to school about 13 minutes. Now I walk down to school (15 minutes).

My new location makes running much easier but a little more mundane. Similar to running the "block" back home (a four mile loop in the country--one mile on highway, three miles on desolate gravel roads). Running the "chukkar" consists of a figure-8, with a small loop around 1.1km and a big loop of 2.5 km. So, one figure-8 is about 2.25 miles. It gets old quick.

I will be posting photos very soon of my new place. I'm loving my new place and feel much more at home when I know everything is mine-every mess, every vegetable, and unfortunately every critter found...

This year brings more of the same: teaching grades 1-8, a little bit of health, coaching cross country, and just trying to survive.

1 comment:

  1. Shan! I'm so sad to miss your trip home. Let's do reg skypes so I can hear your voice! Your hair is so long!!

    ReplyDelete