Monday, September 3, 2012

Check Out This View/Don't Slip and Die

Down in the valley.


My walk to school can be a bit of an adventure sometime. Don't fall down the cud (Hindi word, not sure how to spell)= Don't fall down the mountain side and die. It is important for each day of my walk.

Part of my walk to school

Another path/trail of death

There is a path in there.

Don't slip! You'll die.



We had a service learning day on Friday. I went with the 4th graders down the mountain to find Woodstock's water supply. It was a great time. The walk down was slippery and full of leeches. I've only been bit/sucked by one leech in my life, and I continue that streak. The kids were not so lucky...

There was a bit of sun for awhile. Then our walk home welcomed rain and one fall by a student. She literally fell on her face and dropped her water bottle down the "cud." I thought she was centimeters from death. A few tears, and we were on our way.

Catching leeches with 4th graders.

Holy Smokes! It's the sun.

Go Green.

We finally made it.

Stream of garbage.



A trail of umbrellas on our walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment