Sunday, September 16, 2012

Woodstock's Most Loved Couple

 Engaged!



One of our first trips to Rishikesh

Floating around Cambodia

Catching a sunrise at Angkor Wat


Being tourists in Malaysia
Being tourists in Delhi
Paddle boats in Mussoorie
Trying not to melt at the Red Fort in Agra
Cruising around the mountains


Independence Day 2011
Independence Day 2012
Newly Engaged Couple

Since our engagement, I feel like I have turned into a Bollywood star. The kids have always been our biggest fans and really showed their love after the big announcement. I've been flocked by hoards of girls from 2nd grade to 12th grade: demanding to see the ring and to knowing every detail ever. They want to know when we started dating, where we went on dates, what Anwer said when he proposed, and even better: do I love him? They want wedding details: demanding invitations to the wedding, requesting me to send pictures of my dress, and wondering when we'll have kids. If my answer doesn't satisfy, they simply move on to more questions.

Since this is my first engagement, I didn't know what to expect. It's been really fun and a bit overwhelming at times. Since most of the kids know both of us, they try to demand sweets from both of us as well. (It's Indian tradition to give everyone sweets when you get engaged/married.)

The kids love seeing us together now. Some of my older students didn't know Anwer (he works in the junior school dorms), and they have been just short of staking out the quad before and after school waiting to catch their first glimpse of my fiance.

No date or locations picked yet for the wedding-I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A surprise and not a surprise. Not my typical blogger-feed story! Congratulations to you both.
    MY question is what country you think you'll live in.

    ReplyDelete